Water Temperature Variation.

wellmax

I have a Aquaone 880 corner tank, 300 ltr. My early morning setting before the lights come on is set to about 24.5 C.

My lights are on from 11.00am to 9.00pm daily a period of 10 hours. Over this time my water temp will rise 4 degrees to around 28 degrees. In the hot summer months the water temperature can rise to 30 degrees plus.

How do other fish keepers cope with the fluctuation in temperature? or is this not a problem?.

Kind Regards

Wellmax

try having fish that are supposed to be in <20 degrees....

A fan aimed at the surface will cool through evaporation. The handy thing with this is more evaporation happens when it is hot, thus more cooling power in hotter weather. Works best on tanks with a large top surface to volume ratio.

Polystyrene on non-viewing walls can also help.

Fish can cope with slow temperature fluctuations throughout the day (and night). It is sudden changes that cause the problem.

If the tank gets too hot over summer, try turning off the lights, removing the lid, blowing a fan across the surface, or freezing 2 or 3 litre plastic containers of water to float in there. If the temp does not stay high for more than a few hours (drops overnight) then they will cope.

Some of the plants don't like it 28C+

You could also get the room air conditioned or cool it somehow.