Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Dehane'

Joe

Are you bringing some of these up too? ;)

There might be a pair or 2 spare when I am up there and settled get in touch :) Unfortunately my big male has just carked it so need to keep back some fry to get another male..

Pelvicachromis taeniatus are on the allowed import list so it is possible that all sorts of strains could make it into the country. I have had ids done on my ones by someone who knows his kribs (Ted Judy) and he has suggested mine are just what you would call "tank strain" so of no particular strain but still pure Pelvicachromis taeniatus.

Have posted tons of pics before but here they are.. Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow me to post them full size so click to make them bigger. I really need to get them into a nice planted tank and get some descent pics that do them justice.

th_kribsmontage.jpg

th_PTfemale.jpg

th_malePT.jpg

th_FnigerianMedium.jpg

These ones are when they were younger.

th_MoliwemalesMedium.jpg

Unfortunately I lost this male who was one of the only ones I had with a red check stripe but have some fry growing out with it :)

th_moliwemale-redMedium.jpg

• 3 months later...

Yeah they should all be looking similar I picked this guy out of around 30 males so hope he is pretty good.. Haven't been breeding mine though have other things to work on atm and think I have spread these guys pretty well so hopefully they will get out there for the future..