reptileone turtle pro - r these good?

Love Animals

Hi all, looking at the Reptile One turtle pro 90 that is 90L x 49W x 51Hcm. Anybody had experience with these, are they worth the price? And, realistically how many adult turtles would be happy living in a tank that size? If this is already covered somewhere on here could you direct me to it as I haven't seen anything on it. Appreciate your thoughts.

thank you that's what i was thinking but wanted confirmation. don't know why these tanks are for sale they do not promote life long commitment to animals that they're meant to be specifically designed for.

I hear you. Coincidently there is a magnificent 4/5 ft one made by the same brand with the platform etc. Very fancy. Bevilled edges and all. now that is a long term tank!

thank you that's what i was thinkin but wanted confirmation. don't know why these tabks r for sale they do not promote life long commitment to animals that they're meant to be specifically designed for.

They will probably keep selling/making them as long as people buy them, most things come down to $$ and cents..

in some sense, by the time the turtle is too big for a 3' tank, it should go out in a pond i reckon.

4' minimum for an adult turtle, upto 3 maybe, even then you want a big 4' tank, preferably 6'. cant beat a pond though.

:D yes, 4 ft for a male.... but a female definately needs a pond....

I agree.

Male red ears are smaller but often wont get along, especially in a tank. Adult Female in a 4' just doesnt look right does it.

Reeves and snakeneck males tend to be smaller, so 3 of them should be ok in a 4', been raised together and if they get along. still it must stunt their growth.

Pond life really is the ultimate. The space and sun seems to chill most of them out :D

I find those reptile one turtle tank terrible even the bigger ones! the filter is just poor and the basking platform is a little small and is at the half way mark of the tank so that means you can't even have the water level that high as there would be a risk of them getting trapped under it and drowning if the basking platform was completely submerged in order to make the water level high enough for the turtle. lol i find it funny though pet shops tell me all these thing that turtle need and shouldnt be done with them and then i look at their tank and think, "they can't even follow their on advice" :lol: and i thought animates was actually quite a good pet shop until when i was looking in the revees hatchling setup to find that the uv light had plastic underneath it :x

And then theres the story of the tiny baby reeves who climbed up the back wall of one of those tanks and through the holes at the top and was found in another area of the house.... :o:o Alive and furry, but Ok....we hope! Also the hang-on filter has carbon in it, which needs replacing about every 2 wks with a turtle or it just leaches toxins back into the water... :roll:

turtles26april2009161.jpg

Turtles don't stay small for very long