woohoo plakat males

Ashzbetta

went to local pet shop, picked up 3 females, was really excited because they were nice different colours compared to the blue/red females. i was worried that they are vt females because i liked their colours to brighten up my tank.

get them home and realease them. then realise 2 are agrressive and have huge flares so now im thinking i might have 2 pk males and hopefully a spawn female! they have bad fin damage as they were in a tank with a vt male.

so i will see how they look in a couple of days, i hope they are males as i love pk males

Females can also flare and be quite nasty to each other. If you had two plakat males in a tank together they would have been tail slapping each other and fighting. Plakats are a lot more nasty than other males. If they were in a tank with a vt male I'm surprised he had any tail left.

Anyway I hope you have what you want. Do any of them have an egg spot?

i picked them up from the pet shop the day they were released ( it was at the pet shop that they were in with vt male) they dont have a lot of tail left, first suspected male has now blown a bubble nest and is doing somr nice flaring, 1 is definately female and the other im still not sure

i had a few plakat males living in a tank together, i didnt realise they were males and i dont think they did either, they were together a good 6 months. but when they realised they were males they had to be seperated instantly!

Yes you've got that in one. For a while I had a few males including the one in Sams avatar living together with females. Once I suspected they were males the fighting began and they are nasty. No wonder they are used for fighting competitions.

The last time I had a pair of males fight the plakat ended up with a chunk of blue tail hanging out of its mouth, which it then proceeded to eat.