Ps3 Internet problems.

DennisP

Well, for a few weeks now everytime I try to connect online in my game (mw2) it takes forever to get the playlists, ranks etc etc.

Usually it does connect after 10 minutes or so, but sometimes, like right now, it just won't connect. We used to sometimes have this problem but a simple restart of the ps3 would fix this.

If you want me to go into more detail I can, but are there any ps3 or internet smart people that can enlighten me to the solution?

Is it a:

ps3 problem?

ISP problem?

PS network server problem?

Our internet/modem problem?

Please help me as I'm getting to the point where I'm about to destroy the TV and ps3!! :evil:

Nat type is type 2 / open

Am hoping to get an xbox when I get the funds but please don't bring that argument over here...

When I Try to connect to match making server it takes a lot longer than normal..

Then it takes about 5 minutes minimum to fetch updates playlists and unlocks. Sometimes Not at all...

75ms ping

2.42mb/s Download

0.72mb/s upload

We aren't capped as we have like 40gb broadband and it only just renewed like 2 days ago.

Who's your ISP?

If its Vodafone, I was browsing their site today and came across a message on the forum that says they are having issues with broadband speed and decreased online gaming performance. The message was first posted on 6 August, but it doesn't look like its been resolved as yet.

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/topic/5694- ... ng-issues/

So if you are with Vodafone, this could be it?

Who's your ISP?

If its Vodafone, I was browsing their site today and came across a message on the forum that says they are having issues with broadband speed and decreased online gaming performance. The message was first posted on 6 August, but it doesn't look like its been resolved as yet.

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/topic/5694- ... ng-issues/

So if you are with Vodafone, this could be it?

It is indeed vodafone. So it IS their fault!

Well, thank you for that, I now have somewhere to vent my frustration at!