Golden bristlnose spawn questions.

axolotl-danio

My two golden bristlenose plecos have layed eggs and this is my first time dealing with fish eggs. They are in a comunity tank with angels, tetras and other catfish. Just your standard comunity stuff really. I don't want the eggs to become fish food so is it ok to move them to another tank? The eggs are on a rock and I assume I need to move the male too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Odd that he didn't find a cave. Are there any caves he could use for another time? if there aren't you might want to add one.

its fine to take the eggs out - i've done so many times. You don't need to take the dad - just use an air stone & a bit of meth blue

In my limited experience GBA eggs sitting out in the open wont last long with angels and other bottom dwellers. Lost a whole spawning to my africans when they were in with them. My male is a very good daddy and spends most of his time protecting the eggs under his log. My guess is that yours will attempt to do the same.

Odd that he didn't find a cave. Are there any caves he could use for another time? if there aren't you might want to add one.

Yeah there is a coconut cave in there but that is guarded by my chocolate talking catfish most of the time. I just added some slate a few days ago and the eggs are on the side of a thick peice of slate next to the glass.

Luckily the eggs seem very inexcessable for other fish but I still think I should move them.

Here are some images (not rotated around the right way)

Here he is wedged in with his eggs:

25i652w.jpg

This is the front of the tank to give you some idea of where he is with his eggs. The heater is on the left glass pane and the visable bristlenose is the female. If you look closely you can see the male wedged between the glass and slate caring for his eggs.

jq0o4k.jpg

I have decided to remove the eggs and put them in a spare tank. I took the father too as an extra precaution, he was doing a great job of caring for them. I also added an air stone. They have been in there for 10 mins and he has not noticed the eggs so fingers crossed it all turns out alright. I counted about 40-50 eggs, is that a good amount?