Help setting up Pressurized C02

maoripho3nix

OK when it comes to setting up this kind of stuff I'm a total n00b.

I was sent a little package from a relly in ozzy, he bought double of what he needed, set one up for himself and sent me the second set. Unfortunately he's gone to work for a few months in the middle of ozzy and is unable to talk me through or show me instructions on how to set this whole thing up.

Below is what he sent me + a pic.

Burkert 6011 Details

Swagelok B-SS2-A Details

img5725small.jpg

.......and I have a small Soda Stream cylinder.

Now as I said I'm a total n00b, I told him I had the small Soda Stream cylinder, and he said he would send me all that I need. I've searched the single items themselves with not much help on assembly. Some of it is pretty straight forward for single items but not as a complete setup from cylinder to tank.

First question, what are the things he has sent me?

Second, what is their purpose?

Third, how do I assemble it all so its a complete system to start using?

Last, what else do I need?

Any help would be much appreciated.

:hail:

I don't think that is everything you will need cause it doesn't include a bubble counter and a diffuser/reactor but I could be wrong. They metal thing in the top right looks like the needle valve that is usually on a regulater and second and third in from the bottom left look like check valves not too sure what everything else is.

Yes you need a bubble counter, but only if you are getting a small tank. If your new tank is going to be rather large, maybe around 70 liters or more, and you are going to have lots of plants, you'll need a beetle counter instead because you will be using more CO2. And you need some type of Pollen Glass Diffuser. There's lots of brands - Green Leaf, Rhinox, ADA (which is probably the best quality, and looks the best!), Do!Aqua etc. Here's a link to an ADA products page displaying their CO2 equipment:

http://www.adana.com.my/products/co2.htm

Hope that helps a bit.

Yeah right. ADA is not only very overpriced but isn't readily available here. Using a filter intake, inline diffuser or a diffuser off a member on these forums is far easier and cheaper than ordering that ADA gear. Also, you don't HAVE to use a diffuser at all, you'll just save a lot of CO2 if you use one.

I have my DIY CO2 going through one of P44's diffusers (equal or better quality than ADA) sitting under my HOB intake. Plants are going nuts, proof enough for me.

HTH

Thanks for the reply guys, Im not really concerned about a diffuser ATM or a bubble counter. I just need to know if I need anything more in the main system setup of getting the Co2 from the cylinder, to the final outlet....which from then I can add the bubble counter and then to the diffuser in the tank.

As before all of that I need the gas from the cylinder first, which is where I'm stuck....dunno how to set the above system up.

Yeah right. ADA is not only very overpriced but isn't readily available here. Using a filter intake, inline diffuser or a diffuser off a member on these forums.

Im using my filter intake as a diffuser ATM, works like any other diffuser, never heard any bad opinions about doing it this way. Otherwise I'll be looking for a cheap glass one, have seen them on the forums for sale before :)

If anyone can help with the setup or link me to a site that would be great.