Worried about Bristlenose female

mcrudd

Like most of you know my male bristlenose is no longer with us :( Now I might have a problem. I have noticed about a week before his death that the female kept on coaching him under the bogwood, she did that since I did a very big water change after all the medicine treatments. Today I did a filter maintanance and water change and noted that she has a very rounded belly, and she was searching all the spots the male used to hang out. Is she holding eggs, what will happen now, there is no male in my tank anymore, just the two chocolate zebra's and that does not help much. Will the eggs just dissolve into her, or will she hold on to them and die? Gosh I don't want that to happen. Please advice me what I should do.

Like most of you know my male bristlenose is no longer with us :( Now I might have a problem. I have noticed about a week before his death that the female kept on coaching him under the bogwood, she did that since I did a very big water change after all the medicine treatments. Today I did a filter maintanance and water change and noted that she has a very rounded belly, and she was searching all the spots the male used to hang out. Is she holding eggs, what will happen now, there is no male in my tank anymore, just the two chocolate zebra's and that does not help much. Will the eggs just dissolve into her, or will she hold on to them and die? Gosh I don't want that to happen. Please advice me what I should do.

She'll be fine. Blue balls is no more harmful for most females than males.

The other way to fix her problem is to come and get the male ive got then he can fertilise her eggs..... could let you have him for say, a smile, let me know if your keen, if im in a real good mood you may just get a couple of GBA's in the bag as well, for another smile of course LOL

The other way to fix her problem is to come and get the male ive got then he can fertilise her eggs..... could let you have him for say, a smile, let me know if your keen, if im in a real good mood you may just get a couple of GBA's in the bag as well, for another smile of course LOL

Snowman thanks so much for the offer. I would have to have a word with my hubby first, but will get back to you either tomorrow or a bit later tonight, he is currently busy watching Transformers revenge of the fallen with my son, so they are having bonding time :wink:

ps, I think one set of smiles will do it, as I only have a Blueplanet vista (160litre) tank and it allready has two chocolate zebra's as well. I will give you a hello smile, thank you smile and a very much appreciated smile all for the one male if my husband approves of me getting him :hail:

Thanks snowman :hail: He is settled now, he overtook the terrority of my chocolate zebra's but he is kind enough to share with them, so all three of them are under the little bridge in the tank. No fights which supprised me. My female is checking him out from the filter, will see if she meets up with him tonight :wink:

Snowman there is a lot of activity in my tank. Your big guy dug out all around the one stone cave then stopped and started digging out under the large bogwood, he is slapping gravel everywhere :lol: Making lots of sandpiles in my usually flat gravelled tank :wink:

Not sure if you noticed the very uneven gravel in my big tank but it started out as level and ive tried correcting it several times but the big clown loaches are much faster at digging than i am at straightning, behind the big driftwood there is a hole maybe 3" deeper than anywhere else that the biggest clown dug out to get under the log, amazing how much noise they can make moving the gravel around. Ive given up and leave them to aquascape for me LOL