Coldwater community

elmo

Hey guys,

In order to keep my fish frenzy going until I get my large tropical tank, I am looking for some advice.

I have a 30 litre tank at the moment (unheated). I was gonna head to hollywood today for a budget airpump and stone to oxegenate it. I have a couple of small plants and cultured gravel too.

ANYWAY, we have 2 goldfish (small) that we were going to keep until they get a few inches then put them to a pond im building at the back. Until i move the, what do you reckon I could put in the tank?

What coldwater fish can i mix with the 2 goldies (shubukin and common goldy).

Ive read so much about white cloud mountain minnows and danios mizing in cold water with common goldfsh but what do people think?

If i take the goldies out, what should I use the tank for?

In order to keep my fish frenzy going until I get my large tropical tank, I am looking for some advice.

What is the natural lifespan of the various species mentioned here?

What are you going to do with these extra fish when you get your tropical tank??

If that is a long-term dream, what is going to happen to these extra fish when the goldfish go into the pond?

Think long-term, not impulse.

Thanks for the advice lads,

I went to HFF last night, got an airbox and a small filter to add to the tank and continue the filter.

Oh this is a long term plan, i just bought 2 small tanks for colswater (and fit them into a cabinet in the lounge :) )

• 5 weeks later...

"What are you going to do with these extra fish when you get your tropical tank??"

Minnows can go out to the pond with the goldfish, or can stay indoors in the tropical tank. I have minnows in my goldfish pond. I also have minnows inside in a tropical tank and this is now the third winter the same fish have been in that tank. The original 15 is now down to 11, which is reasonable attrition for fish that are meant to only live a couple of years anyway.

Only that that's the only information I've ever seen about them (have to admit I've never looked). I'm very happy if they are longer lived. I have a self sustaining population in an outside pond so I have no idea of the life spans of the individual fish. I just sell some off when there are too many.