Bristlenose catfish adult male

pcamore

Hi everyone, i'm not sure if this is the right section because i'm not sure if he is sick or what.

this evening i noticed that my male adult bristlenose(about 2 years old) has a band of pale almost white coloration around his middle (like a cumberbund you wear with a tux).

all my water stats are fine, temp is sitting aroung 25c. 200 ltr tank

the thing is that some of my bristlenose babies started losing color and then died they were about 8 months old.

he dosnt seem sluggish or anything he still eats fine, i feed them courgette every once in a while and every day i put in pleco chips.

do you all think he is sick or is this something else

any ideas ?

thanks

Hi pcamore,

If I worried every time my Female BN had a mark or discolouration on her, I would be an absolute nervous wreck!! :D:D She is always flying into plants etc and picking up bits of everything in her spines, or fins, or scales/armour. Last night she had a mucous like substance down one side which turned out to be a dead piece of plant, but it looked like she was rotting.

In certain lights, she appears to have whitish blotches, due to the irridescent nature of the scales.

She did receive a heater burn a month or so ago though, which has nearly healed up.

Don't stress too much, they are a strongly built fish.

Thanks guys for all your advice.

I know what you mean Fishplants I would be a nervous wreck too, sometimes its just a case of which fish are hardier than the other and it looks as though BN are hardy(thank god) cause i love my bottom dwellers, i actually prefer them to ordinary swimming fish.