My xenia problem

ben19185074

One branch of my xenia don't seem to be opening very well~~~And it don't seem to be too healthy.

I currently place it on the bottom and with a slightly high flow. Should i move it somewhere else with more light and less flow??

Heres the pic~~ i forgot to resize the pic, sorry to all the 56k users

Pic of it before~

DSCN1308.JPG

DSCN1312.JPG

from the little bits that i can make out it looks to me to be lack of lighting, the exact same thing happened to the xenia i gave to various people that only had minimal lighting (one was a LFS that has since upgraded its lighting as it has started bringing in corals)

if i remember correctly you have a Via aqua tank??? if so the answer is quite simple, get one or two more PCs and throw them in the dead space in the lid (check out www.nano-reef.com if you need some diy tips as they do it a lot over in Usa) the guys here are pretty knowledgable when it comes to techy things as well.

the xenia will recover from its present condition (the feathery look will come back and the pulsing as well

Try taking the calurpa away from it, some people belive that calurpa excretes something that prohibits coral growth.

Maybee try running some carbon.

Like I said before, mine comes and goes, infact its looking like that right now, but I am not worried, it just seems to bounce back every time.

Good luck.