Clown Loach and snails

Swag

What kind of snails do clown loachs like to eat. my clown loach has a little snail shell that she carries around the tank and I think maybe I should get her a few. Is this a good idea, I have heard they like to eat them.

Mine eats ramshorns and the annoying little flat ones.

If you want some let me know, I am sure I can spare you quite a few :wink: - have to keep some for Donna's turts when I go down there in a few months though.

that would be great, she is so funny a bit like a puppy with her little shell she throws it round and carries it to different places. so funny to watch. She is the best fish about 7pm she starts clicking at me to feed her.

Ahhh, the fish has you well trained then!

The Hawke's Bay Aquarium Society is having a meeting this Wednesday at the National Aquarium, 7.30 pm, if you would like to come along I can take the snails for you to pick up.

• 3 weeks later...

That's so cute that it carries the shell around!!! Mine never did that. You should set up a little tank and throw some ramshorns and the other little annoying ones (kind of an oval shaped shell?) in there - they'll breed like... well, snails :D and you'll end up with an ongoing supply and VERY happy loaches :)