Murky Water?

gagaforfish

Murky as in bits of like dirt floating around every now and again. The water is clearer than it was after I replaced some of the water..

Tank is like six weeks running? Maybe?

Um, I don't know what the filter is, but it came with my AR-380 when i got the tank. (second hand though)

It has a couple of plants, just like planted in the gravel.

And yeah I vacuum my gravel....

What filter bits are you talking about gagaforfish? Shouldnt need a change after only 10 days....

Are you able to post up a photo of the tank?

Are the fish looking comfortable? May just need some time to settle and the filter to do its work.

your filter media (sponge/wool) should only need a rinse in discarded tank water whenever you do a water change. I only replace my wool and/or cartridge every 8 weeks. I also have an AR380. They're a great little tank.

Just leave the noodles be.. I have yet to clean those, they should be below your sponges/wool.

Have you got wool? the black sponge alone is not enough and will let too much muck back into the tank.

your filter media (sponge/wool) should only need a rinse in discarded tank water whenever you do a water change. I only replace my wool and/or cartridge every 8 weeks. I also have an AR380. They're a great little tank.

Just leave the noodles be.. I have yet to clean those, they should be below your sponges/wool.

Have you got wool? the black sponge alone is not enough and will let too much muck back into the tank.

I too am wondering if the fine filter wool is missing. :D or, if in fact, there are no sponges there letting most of the recycled muck back in. Its pretty unusual for bits of dirt etc to float in any tank if the filter is working.