New skimmer-bubble king

reef

I thought i would try a new skimmer as i have heard all the rave about a skimmer called bubble king mad by a german co.

Base Plate : 12.6“ x 19.6“

For Aquariums of 300g – 800g

530 G/H air input – 1600 G/H water Overall height: 26.75“

1 Pump: 58 Watt/h

3343bubble-king-med.jpg

The beauty about this skimmer is that it only uses a 50w pump which pulls in 2000L of air which is amazing as my Deltec uses 3x1260 to get the same result, so you do save some power, However you do need a second mortgage to purchase these.(so i only have to sell a few more Cataphylias which will pay for it as i really make a killing on these as you know MARK or i told you so :D )

The bubbles it produces are really small, even smaller than the Deltec.

I will post some pics of the skimmer in action.

how much$. the skimmer cost around $3000 landed.

not cheap but it does a great job. Skimmer has been running for 3 weeks and is starting to pull some real crap out.

It is a hard one when it comes to the cost of a good skimmer.

Do you spend good money on a great skimmer or do you go for a average Aquamedic/aqua c etc.

I personally think that a good skimmer is worth its weight in gold and pays for itself in the long run.

3343bubbleking-med.jpg

Its to soon to rate as i need a bit more time as i am a long term Deltec users. have not found any skimmers that perform better than a deltec yet.

But results do look promising for the bubble king.

The bubble size of the bubble king does look smaller.

Luft-im-Schaeumer_gross.jpg

Titanlaufrad1.jpg

You'll save about $200 a year on power, over a similar deltec which has 4 pumps, if that's any consolation. :D

Steve - as far as I know Alois is not selling these, it's for personal use. Wouldn't be too many people who could afford, or would be willing to pay, for such a skimmer in NZ, no matter how good it may or may not be. Is it worth the extra money? Who knows.

Layton

• 1 month later...

It is a hard one when it comes to the cost of a good skimmer.

Do you spend good money on a great skimmer or do you go for a average Aquamedic/aqua c etc.

I personally think that a good skimmer is worth its weight in gold and pays for itself in the long run.

Fortunately us small guys do not have to have this size skimmer on our tanks. :D

I have an AquaMedic running on my tank and it is working wonders. I do not think one should shoot down a product just because it's not big enough for your use. What about the people that does not have the massive tanks??? I think credit should be given to the other products like AquaMedic as they are fantastic little skimmers for people with smaller tanks.

GO AQUAMEDIC. :hail:

Fortunately us small guys do not have to have this size skimmer on our tanks.

I have an AquaMedic running on my tank and it is working wonders. I do not think one should shoot down a product just because it's not big enough for your use. What about the people that does not have the massive tanks??? I think credit should be given to the other products like AquaMedic as they are fantastic little skimmers for people with smaller tanks.

i dont think reef was having a dig at aquamedic/aqua c - simply an opinion that these model skimmers are an average skimmer on the market. aquamedic may appear to work well - but you really wont know unless you put a bigger/better skimmer on your tank.