Heater without control

Ellyce

I have set up my own thermistor control circuit to connect a heater to -can anyone recommend a submersible heater without its own thermostat control?

I'm looking for one around 50W, It's not a large volume of water I'll be heating but I'm wanting it to be stable at 36 deg C.

Alternatively, has anyone removed the thermostat from a standard heater? I'm concerned about breaking into the watertight seal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have set up my own thermistor control circuit to connect a heater to -can anyone recommend a submersible heater without its own thermostat control?

I'm looking for one around 50W, It's not a large volume of water I'll be heating but I'm wanting it to be stable at 36 deg C.

Alternatively, has anyone removed the thermostat from a standard heater? I'm concerned about breaking into the watertight seal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There are a handful of heaters with remote thermostats. You could cut that thermostat off and connect it to your own. Otherwise you'd need to turn the heater's thermostat up higher than the setpoint you want the water at, but few will go as high as 36.

Its actually for a lab water bath testing a sensor that would sit inside the body -will be holding it at either 36 or 37 deg. Am using aquarium pump to circulate the bath and wanted to use an aquarium heater but discovered they only go to 34. I have seen in a fish forum somewhere that somebody did take a heater apart and remove its own control so they could also control it at a higher temp but I was hoping it would be easier (and cheaper!) to find one with just a power output rather than thermostat -that way I can just buy the heater suitable for a larger tank than my set up.

From what I can tell remote thermostat heaters are significantly more expensive. Although if you could recommend a brand that would be very helpful.

Thank you!

I am pretty sure I have some old heating elements somewhere (from the "old days" when they had separate thermostats and elements) and also a few smoked heaters that have blown thermostats that I think (haven't done it so hard to know for sure) be very easy to remove and bypass.