22.5 litre tank

Blanch vasiliu

That sized tank will be great for a trio of fighters - 1 male and 2 females. Then add a few plants, especially floating ones, because that will subdue the light and show off the iridescent colours of the fighters at their best.

That sized tank will be great for a trio of fighters - 1 male and 2 females. Then add a few plants, especially floating ones, because that will subdue the light and show off the iridescent colours of the fighters at their best.

i wouldnt suggest a trio in there, tios are only suggested in 60l or more.

i would suggest 1 male and maybe 3 catfish. i have this in my tank that size and it looks great :D

unless, they grow up together :wink:

I would not suggest putting male and female fighters together unless breeding or unless they're extremely peaceful.

What do you mean by "unless they're extremely peaceful"? I've had fighters before, but never really enjoyed them (they just don't do much for me), but I've never had problems with aggression between males and females. As long as there's more than one female then that's fine, because the male has trouble harrassing them if there's two or more (he has trouble picking which one to harrass). I even had 3 male fighters in the same tank without problems.

The thing is, fighters being so intelligent, they have their own personalities. Therefore it cannot be said that "Yes, you can have this many females to this many males in this sized aquarium" because there may well be personality clashes. In one aquarium 1 male and 2 females could work but in another, that same combination may end in tears. I have owned male fighters that could easily have been kept with females, yet I wouldn't put my current PK with females unless I wanted to breed them. Even then I'd keep a close eye on them. It all comes down to the personality of the fish really.

Hope that clears it up :)

Fighters are very interesting. I have had multiple males in one tank without a problem and other times when there is more than one it ended with a few dead fish.

The same can be said about the females. They can be bossy and aggressive or the can be lovely community fish.