brine shrimp info

henward

ok

can someone take me step by step a set up to hatch baby brine shrimp with the capacity to feed fry from o ne batch of discus eggs.?

also, how long do brine shirmp live for?

if i take it out from the hatchery, and put it into the discus tank - how long will it live for to be freely hunted by the discus baby?

just all details would be good!:D

also, where do i get brine shrimp eggs?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 666349.htm

is this it?

the coke bottle set up apparently is best.

but any better plan would be good

yes the coke bottle idea is the best i put mine in tank as its warm and they hatch faster

the brine shrimp you have looked at on trade me are decap not hatching ones but stu ( the same guy) also sells hatching eggs

THESE http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 471805.htm they should last through a discus batch.

i find that my bbs only last 3-4 days as it gets used all up so on day 3 i start another batch and they should be ready but the next night (because of being in the tank = warmer)

When they hatch they are nuplii rather than baby brine shrimp. They have no mouth or anus and are feeding off a yolk sac and this is where the best nutrient comes from. After 24 hours they have used up the yolk sac and started feeding as baby brine shrimp so their food value is best when they first hatch. It is best therefore to set up and hatch a fresh batch every day. Some breeders would start a fresh one every 12 hours and have a few going. Depends how many fry you are feeding.

when time allows, I feed twice a day and therefore start a new one as Alan said twice a day

The eggs Im hatching at the moment are harder to hatch (cheaper brand) and take 24 to 48 hours to hatch so Im not getting the best value from the food

Buy in bulk and keep the tins in the fridge