Courier suggestions

firenzenz

I chuck them at the top too, sometimes if you have wet bags or even in the worst case if one leaks then the heatpad doesn't get wet. I Also work on the principal there will be more air to keep the heat pad working at the top of the box as opposed to buried under the bags and suffocated..

I wouldn't mate. life is too busy anyway.

But it is called brand loyalty. I started the thread looking for a replacement to my preferred supplier in the courier industry as they no longer supplied a service i required. i have been using that company many years for most of my freight needs private or business.

I read here as a reply their policy might have been reviewed and two calls to them verified that fact.

It is a shame I will now take your advice and search for a new supplier.

there is very little loyalty these days & this shows what common sense they have & the loyalty they have for you. someone has voiced their opinion at some point that it is cruel to post fish & they have embraced that rather than the thousands of examples that prove they are fine being shipped.

But if your heat is all from below and it's naturally escaping up, the radiation is one directional. Will that be as stable as having a heat source from above doing a different job?

I'm not looking to heat. I'm looking to prevent heat escapism

The poly in the middle on which the heatpads sits are broken peices.

like a filter in a pipe.

The cardboard is insulation- If you dont want to lose heat, or want to control its speed of decline- then take advantage of your best way to dictate that- the plate over the boiling pot thing?

No?

firenzenz are they double bagged?

I do if that is part of packaging in terms of insulation. I don't double bag as a safety thing against leakage so much. i do the big squeeze test on the bag to ensure it is air tight or wont pop.

In this case the amount of bags would do the same in terms of insulation as double bagging, except double bagging chews up space=$$

double bagging seems to be industry standard, dosent take up anymore room, makes rounded corners more often than not. i could be wrong but not so much for insulation but more so incase theres a leak, not alway obvious if a slow one when first bagged. and dont want couriers to end up with water in their vans thats for sure :wink:

I use the heat packs at the top also in case water gets to them (of course this does rely on the couriers not turning the boxes upside down :roll: - I tape them on to the inside of the lid so they don't come into too much contact with the bags. My heatpacks require oxygen to keep them running so I also poke a small hole through the polybox lid.

Anyway have your fish gone yet and which courier did you use in the end?

unfortunately it was 6.20pm by the time I left NZ couriers.

Post haste were already shut, so I had to take them home and unpack everything, rehoue in the appropriate tanks etc.

As i mentioned to the courier company-I can't just push this package to a corner and come back tomorrow.

I suppose I could of gambled on fish lasting 36hrs in the bags, but there were a number of fish and there were breeders also.

Now it will have to be nxt week :evil: