goldfish with white wart type stuff ??

oO SKIPPY Oo

thanks for the reply alanmin4304 - is there a method to treat it ? this fish is with 13 others and 3 turtles in a 2500L pond. i havent seen these spots on anything else in the pond so wondering if i should remove it / kill it / or treat the entire pond ?

i say kill it cause a quick googles suggests its fast spreading and i dont want anything else to catch it...

also ive tried treating it in a bucket of tonic already

thanks

skip

i have had the odd one go like this when kept with turtles

i think one of the turtes may have had a go at it, scratched the mucus layer or deeper

then the columnaris has grown on there

the fine lines on the bottom of goldfish in picture look similar to claw marks on mine with same problem

just an observation :wink:

i culled the fish as they weren't the best quality

bugger but i guess thats life - i might try to save the fish with a salt bath a few times a day and then see if that helps - its just had one at about 8.30 and will get another at about 10.30 then will get a few tomorrow. if its not looking any better in a few days i will cull it.

cheers for the help people :)

yeah its kinda different to the others in the pond (as different as an orange goldfish can be :bounce:)- its still pretty healthy looking so i think its worth giving it a try :)

Furan 2 is listed as effective on columnaris (Black Molly Disease). Obviously though you will need to treat in quarantine.

good luck.