DIY CO2 Systems

Joe

Joe, heating your yeast mixture will get the yeast multiplying more rapidly and will usually time out the mixture quicker but you won't see it slow down much at night if it gets cooler.

Frits on diffusers clog from a couple of different things. The most common is organic biofilm but this is easily cleaned by soaking it in a weak bleach solution (not a strong solution as this changes the surface of the glass and can also damage the frit). The second thing that can clog the frit is calcium deposits from hard water but it is difficult to remove these. You can try using strong vinegar but that is a very weak acid at best. It is beneficial to have friend who work in a chemistry lab so you can have them run some sulfuric acid through it. :D

The second thing that can clog the frit is calcium deposits from hard water but it is difficult to remove these. You can try using strong vinegar but that is a very weak acid at best. It is beneficial to have friend who work in a chemistry lab so you can have them run some sulfuric acid through it.

Well I have soft water anyway so I won't need to worry about that. I can't wait for those Black Neons! They're going to be great for my tank with the soft water.