We have a 25cm Oscar... can we add

Jelz

Another 2? We're not sure if it's a f or m, previous owner said it had a mate and they were laying but the mate dies. It lives with a 40cm pleco in a 400l tank, we're looking at 2 (not a pair at this stage) 15cm's on TM at the moment as we realise any new additions will need to be big :)Thanks in advance for any advice http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 8Small.jpg

I hope that link works :)

Ain't that the truth!! We do weekly 25%'s in our other tanks anyway so thought that the new 1 would be the same too.. difference being we haf to STRIP this tank weekly where as we only vacuum the gravel in the other 3 tanks. Haha, is a messy eater alright, loves live worms, frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp.... Have only had it for 2 weeks and already is eating out of our hands :) And likes nothing better than a good rub on the side. It can be quite annoying to the Pleco who of course likes nothing better than a good snooze during the day... aggravated the Pleco the other day to the extent that the Pleco rammed the Oscar into the side of the tank!!! What a racket. Lol, was thinking the Oscar would leave the Pleco alone if it had other tank-mates too... would naturally do a good re-arrange when introducing new tank-mates. :)

When adding a new oscar (or any other fish that can be a bit agro) to a tank with a oscar in it, I have found the best method to take your oscar out of the tank and change the tank around (a plus, to swap some of the hidding places / large wood, rocks for other bits of similar size) and then introduce the new oscar/s and the same time as putting your oscar/s back into the tank.

I have found this way to work the best, a bit over the top but with a fish like an oscar better to be safe than sorry