Moonlight or no moonlight

calvin

personally, I think its just another thing in our hobby designed to take good money off gullible people........

I would submit a theory that the tidal effect is what triggers mass spawnings, not the light effect, it is sometimes cloudy in the tropics :wink:

RnB - Wrong. Its a documented fact the coral spawning on the Great Barrier Reef is controlled by phases of the moon (ALWAYS 4 days after the 1st full moon in March or something as accurate as that).

However moonlights are mostly gimmick for the marine tank and un-nessessary but can make viewing at night more fun.

Pie

I have in my posession some "laser lights'. These consist of 3 blue led's that runs of 12v. Should I mount these to the back of my tank or what? If not, what then?

My clowns have not accepted my anemone yet. :cry: They hover in the one corned during "night" time. Should I be worried or just leave then? Will the nightlight not cause them not to sleep? :-?

i knew someone that put white xmas lights round the top of his tank .... he said it was to act like fire flys ....

alot of the stuff that is sold today are just toys you can put what you like on your tanks but half of it is not needed

Personally, I only bought/have a moonlight coz it looks VERY cool at night (better than a black tank) When turning all the room lights off and just having the fireplace and moonlight on, its a pretty cool effect! Unfortunately pictures just dont do it justice (and very hard to take due to little lighting)