NZ arowana community

Fruju

Hey all, everybody who owns an arowana post it on here, pics would be nice :wink: silvers, jars, blacks, asians... all are nice.

Personally, I have kept a silver until it was around 30cm, but didnt have the tank to keep it to full size. Now I own a Jardini, he has grown 1.5cmish since easter day (when i got him), now hes around 10cm in my 6ftr. Cant really post pics, too small at this stage and camera is too weak, but he is showing nice red colour on the fins and is starting to have crescents on the scales, really anticipating his full colour.

Hi Everyone,

My name is henward and im an arowana addict. Its been 10 minutes since i sat and watched an arowana. ............. 8)

i have a RTG about 45 cms? dont know bad with lengths (thats what she said) :bounce:

and a red aro - sold though. Hopefully a black aro soon!

dee thats a nice bday present! wow. fully purchasd or subsidised?

man!

i never got presents like that! lol

Hi

I am not an addict and I have never kept an arrowana and I dont have the desire to do so

But I too know of a few High Grades and the Nicest I have see is a "Violet Fusion".

Nice to forum you all

Nav :roll:

Well if you have a tank large enough to show them at their potential then arowanas are a great species to keep :wink:

Anyone down in the S.Island with some??

nothing much down here....most shops dont even carry a plain silver here...guess there is no market for them

as for the others, jars are becoming more available but not sure if those shops will carry them all the time

asian aro are super rare, only ever seen 4 in CHCH. redwood's red violet fusion, RTG, 1.5 red and a VIP red

You'll have to take me on a tour next time I'm down that way!!

no problems but can only show you 2 out of the 4

violet fusion red is @ redwoods

VIP red @ private collector.....as you know

RTG was sold, not sure where or who too....regret not buying it!!

1.5 red RIP as you also know