Algae Blenny

suphew

Put an Algae blenny into my tank on Saturday, got a call from my cleaner this morning to tell me there was a fish on the floor next to my french doors and that she had put it into a glass of water.

So best I can figure, the fish jumped, the cat has picked it up taking it into another room, the cleaner has found it and put it into a glass of cold tap water! She went back to her own house cause she didn't want to call my cell phone from my home phone, I then had to convince her to put it in the marine tank instead of the fresh ("cause it's not very colorful and looks a little like the other fish"), it's now back in its tank.

Was still swimming last time the cleaner looked!! I'm expecting a death by the time I get home tonight, if it lives I think it should get some sort of award!

now that is funny! Lads at work are much ammused.

:hail::hail::hail:

I always thought that freshwater was instant death, but after reading all the freshwater dip stuff online, seems like they can handle it ok for a little while....

one lucky fish though.........

Well the good news is the algae blenny seems fine (tho how long it lasts..). The bad news is my dottyback also jumped and was very dry! I'm blaming the tomato clown for chasing them but maybe the cats found a new game. Anyway the tops are back on now, just have to figure out how to keep it cool now.

Blenny was dead this morning, not surprised, more surprised it lasted as long at it did.

Thanks for the suggestions, I already have a computer fan (actually a 240v fan from a mainframe printer) running, I have moved it so its blowing over the top of the tank and lights, I'll see how that goes.

Yeah was pretty down this morning, and feeling poor! It's an old fresh water tank and only has a lip along the back I have to run the water level quite high to otherwise the rock is out of the water.

Yeah really looking forward to getting the new tank now, funny I couldn't really see the big difference between fresh and marine tank designs when I started out!! How things change!

I solved this problem with a 100mm strip of glass front and back still leaves the centre free, got sick of lifting off the lids to feed etc and they were always getting salt splashes and for ever cleaning the lids. so far haven,t lost any more fish from jumping been about 6 weeks.