My tank has a leak - what to use??

fadeless

Where would you get that stuff from?? Hubby got some marine sealant but i dont wanna use it if it gonna kill my fish. I dont think it needs striping off its just a chip of glass that has come off and pulled the sealant back so hopefully sealing over the piece of broken glass will work. Im just glad its high up in our tank and not at the bottom.

Most hardware stores should have it, such as Mitre10 or Bunnings, just make sure you read the label properly, it should say safe for aquariums, if it doesn't, don't risk it no mater what the salesperson says. Do not get one with mould inhibitors in it either.

The one I have at the moment is Fosroc Silaflex RTV, but there are other brands.

there selleys all clear glass as well its about 10 bucks a tube you will also need a caulking gun thses range from $4 upwards depending on the store . im not 100% sure but i think i may have seen the selleys one in small tubes like a tube of glue but again read the label and make sure it says safe for aquariums

it should be sealed with acid cure silicone which is the same as what the tank has been joined with. you will need to empty & dry the area, i would cut back the old silicone & reseal the area.

Interested to see why you say Acid Cure?

I dont even stock acid cure

I never use it and have 47 tanks going at the moment

just interested, not having a go