how long before she bursts ? (Well overdue female guppy) :(

BikBok

Just how long can a female guppy hold out ?

My tuxedo girl has had belly full of fry since December.. yes December and she is so huge now but i really do expect to find her burst open sooner or later.

Meanwhile my golden guppy has birthed every 30 days and my neon tail has remained flat and infertile lol.

here's some pics..

first one was in January looking full of fry

BikBok-schmeloolootux-taz.jpg

and the next one taken yesterday , still no fry born and she's starting to look very square from front on ..like a box!

BikBok-5mpregnantguppy-f2q.jpg

see how she is tail down, that's her usual swimming position now.

well she's still hanging on to them but I've noticed the area around her birthing tube is getting lumpy and she's resting a lot on plants and driftwood.

Is there anything I can do to help her or is she going to die?

i had a guppy that was really huge

one day I found her popping them out and the males still kept annoying her

so I spent the afternoon fending off the males with the nets while she rested on top of the filter popping out sprogs. She was so concerned with giving birth that she didn't care about the nets in the tank!

she died.

Now I'm too scared to feed peas .. I usually put a couple of peas in a small bowl of water and cook for 30seconds in microwave, when cool I deshell and squash the peas with my fingers so they mush into the tank.. usually it's small enough pieces for the guppys to eat, the bigger pieces they just nibble away at. but this time she just gulped a piece down and because she was so huge and fat I anyway (even bigger than the last photo) there was little room for it to go down.