Riddle me this!

Carlos & Siran

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is one I remembered from a joke book a while ago.

There's a prisoner on death row who is moments away from being executed. But the warden says that one chair is wired and the other is not, if he chooses the right chair, he will be set free. There is one man standing beside each chair, the warden tells the prisoner that one man is telling the truth but the other is lying. He does not tell the prisoner which man is the liar. He gets to ask only one question and only gets to ask one man.

Which question does he ask?

8)

This was in the movie Labyrinth as well, slightly different but the same answer...

One of us will tell you true,

One will always lie.

Just one question is your due,

And only one reply.

One right answer gets you through,

Which door will you try?

This was in the movie Labyrinth as well, slightly different but the same answer...

One of us will tell you true,

One will always lie.

Just one question is your due,

And only one reply.

One right answer gets you through,

Which door will you try?

Thats after she pulls the knocker out of its mouth. LOL

I love that movie, I remember going to see it at the movies as a kid. I have it on DVD too.

I love the little worm "ello, over ere, Fancy a cuppa"LOL

We always have the kids on about their rooms being The Bog of Eternal Stench!

is this the RIGHT(left/right) door/chair?

What is the question that you would ask one of them, and then which would you choose after hearing the answer.

This one is one I remembered from a joke book a while ago.

There's a prisoner on death row who is moments away from being executed. But the warden says that one chair is wired and the other is not, if he chooses the right chair, he will be set free. There is one man standing beside each chair, the warden tells the prisoner that one man is telling the truth but the other is lying. He does not tell the prisoner which man is the liar. He gets to ask only one question and only gets to ask one man.

Which question does he ask?

8)

He asks if the other warden is telling the truth

You only get one question, so you cannot ask both of them, and the question is of prime importance, as is your choice of which chair to sit in after you have heard what answer one of the guards gives.

Actually I tied for last for a change(49 on a nine hole), got one on the green off the tee once and only sculled 3 times....................not that I condone binge drinking :oops: it's the comp back to the nine hole that's the killer, winner nominates the club, no tee, every loser sculls a bottle and it's a half bottle on top of that for every short shot(less than 5 meters)

Actually I tied for last for a change(49 on a nine hole), got one on the green off the tee once and only sculled 3 times....................not that I condone binge drinking :oops: it's the comp back to the nine hole that's the killer, winner nominates the club, no tee, every loser sculls a bottle and it's a half bottle on top of that for every short shot(less than 5 meters)

Well, as you know I cannot drive with a wood or putt, and all I have to do is sniff a bottle of alcohol and I will be on my ear - so not a game for me, then!

No, Nick, engage your logic brain...