Beaded dragon keeping compared to Fish keeping Questions.

Ras

I'm just at the very very early stages of thinking of possibly switching from a fish setup to a single beardie setup. I just have a couple of questions.

- Is one easier than the other to care for? Taking into account I only have a 63lr community tank with dwarf cichlids and community fish. And that the bearded dragon is an adult (although I would get a baby).

- I have read $6 a week max for power. Would you agree?

100w elstein and 100w basking spot- elstein on 24/7, basking spot 14 hours a day. uv tube, 30W also on 14 hours a day.Way cheaper to run than fish, maybe $6 week max.

-Fish can go one week with out food and a Water Change. Can an adult beardie be left that long with out food and still be healthy (lighting will be on a timer)?

Thank you in advance.

I have both and I would suggest that to keep a beardie healthy you need to have a good supply of live food. To buy this would be way more expensive than feeding fish but breeding them yourself is not hard (they still need to be heated though). I would also think that a beardie might cost more to heat because the temperatures are probably higher and there would be a lot more heat loss.