beardie such a fussy eater,

tiny789

have a 8 week old beardie,and he is such a fussy eater, the only insects he will eat are crickets and locust, i got him 100 mealworms and he wont touch them, even flies wont touch, if i let the mealworms turn into the young brown bettles can i try them on him, will they do him any harm, any ideas any one,

I would stay away from mealworm beatles as they bite. I fed some to my frogs and one got very stressed as it got bitten trying to swallow it so gave up after that. Any new food can be a challenge. Try no live food for a day then give mealworms in one of those containers they can't crawl out of but put it where they can see them moving. Mine took a while to go for them. They don't move much and beardies are movement stimulated.

my adult beardies delight in crunching up the beetles and it is a real crunch.Never really fed them on purpose mind you,just when the odd one gets mixed in with what I am feeding out and too lazy to catch it out.Young beardies you would be asking for impaction problems I would think,as well as the biting that was mentioned.

Not sure really but just based on observation roaches seem alot softer than the mealworm beetles. And roaches have alot more in them as appose to a small hard beetle..

I would say with confidence that mealworms dont digest nearly as well as roaches do. Cant say ive fed out a lot of beetles. But cant see there being much goodness in them, to validate even running the risk.