Desk lamp for small tank?

Chogs

Im currently using a desk lamp. 8)

I got my one (bit more modern) on special for $45 and it also came with an Energy Saver Compact Fluorescent bulb in the box for free :bounce:

However you can go into Mitre10 or Bunnings, Warehouse etc and get any desk lamps that take energy savers.

Heres one from Mitre10

http://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/lighting_and_electrical/lamps_and_floorstands/desk_lamp_60_watt_black_101556.cfm?sid=1&rid=1&orderby=1

It comes in white, black or silver....and you can buy one that has a clip instead of a base, allowing you to clip it to the tank.

I'm using a Phillips 18w (100w Equivalent) 6500K Energy Saver Compact Fluorescent. They come in the shiny green boxes. There are other bulbs you can get so I guess its up to you and your plant requirements. I have Hairgrass and Glosso, both going well :)

Cheap desk lamp: $10

CFL Energy Saver: $8

Flourishing Aquarium: Priceless :lol:

Hope this helps :bounce:

Talk to SamH, he's done it, thinks theres a few pics around somewhere

Thanks Carlos & Siran.

On my old nano tank

On my current 108L tank

And again on the 108L

On old 108L empty

Could go on for quite some time but I think that's plenty :lol:

My personal rating:

Appearance 3/10

Functionality 8/10

Price 10/10

Looks awesome, how do the plants like it?

Looks awesome, how do the plants like it?

My personal rating: :lol:

Appearance 9/10

Functionality 5/10

Price 9/10

It isn't the most solid piece of equipment but it is appropriate for the price. It has plastic components but it seems sturdy enough. I like the fact that it has a proper 9w compact tube and that it attaches easily to the tank. The plants do very well considering it is only a 9watt tube.

I have a couple of the Jebo aquarium lamps, JB09. They cost about $39 (I think) including a compact flourescent 9w tube. I got them from Organism in Chch. They are great in that they attach easily to the tank.

http://wb5.itrademarket.com/pdimage/89/ ... jb0913.jpg

I have this light on it now but it doesnt seem to be enough migh try getting a new bulb but will deffinately have a look a bunnings/mitre 10

thanks for your help

Im currently using a desk lamp. 8)

I got my one (bit more modern) on special for $45 and it also came with an Energy Saver Compact Fluorescent bulb in the box for free :bounce:

However you can go into Mitre10 or Bunnings, Warehouse etc and get any desk lamps that take energy savers.

Heres one from Mitre10

http://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/lighting_and_electrical/lamps_and_floorstands/desk_lamp_60_watt_black_101556.cfm?sid=1&rid=1&orderby=1

It comes in white, black or silver....and you can buy one that has a clip instead of a base, allowing you to clip it to the tank.

I'm using a Phillips 18w (100w Equivalent) 6500K Energy Saver Compact Fluorescent. They come in the shiny green boxes. There are other bulbs you can get so I guess its up to you and your plant requirements. I have Hairgrass and Glosso, both going well :)

Cheap desk lamp: $10

CFL Energy Saver: $8

Flourishing Aquarium: Priceless :lol:

Hope this helps :bounce:

I think I have this lamp some where will it work with the 18w energy savers seeing that its 60w fitting?

Thanks