Blue Shrimp??

maoripho3nix

wheeee! critters rock!

Shrimp are totally cute. My ex and I had some, and couldn't tell them apart so we called them Simon. Even to the point of going spotlighting and suddenly saying "ooh there's a Simon!".

Then I learned that young shrimp are all boys then they turn into girls. Now big ones are Simones 8)

(I have a tank of mosquito larvae beside me as I am just as fascinated as if they were fish. Then again they owe their life to my blood, so I feel a kind of Sigourney-Weaver-like connection....)

Awesome seeing blue ones! We had some people on here a little while back find a blue one, but it lost colour before they got photos.

No idea what causes it, presumably some environmental variable. Will be interesting to see if yours maintain or lose the colour.

(I have a tank of mosquito larvae beside me as I am just as fascinated as if they were fish. Then again they owe their life to my blood, so I feel a kind of Sigourney-Weaver-like connection....)

Awesome seeing blue ones! We had some people on here a little while back find a blue one, but it lost colour before they got photos.

No idea what causes it, presumably some environmental variable. Will be interesting to see if yours maintain or lose the colour.

LOL Aliens!!!!

Yeah i think i read that thread on blue ones a few weeks back, was lucky to get some pics, will keep an eye on that shrimp, I hope it stays blue too :)

• 3 weeks later...