Planning on printing out some of your photos?

Jennifer

That's really interesting. I attended a seminar last year which included a studentship project involving the cataloguing of some of Canterbury Museums photos and matching up old Christchurch to modern Christchurch. One of the discussions that developed was all about the worry that in the future that opportunity to look at old photos will be lost as so many are not printed and only stored digitally. This is an interesting solution. I wonder how they'll be able to sustain the service.

[edit] Ohhh I see, advertiser funded. It's a worthwhile project, I'd definitely look into using them... I'm one of those people who can never be bothered getting anything printed :lol:

An interesting idea and yes, many historians are worried about the lack of printed photos as many just store on their computer, without backups, and all is lost when the system crashes. I know I rarely print any photos.

There are a few bits I don't like in the terms and conditions though so not sure it is a service I would sign up to.