HELP HELP HELp

jwinkie

Hi there.

Ive a large pond in my back lawn which has little protection from the sun apart from 4 lillies.I have a large comet I think he is on his side and only moves when I touch him.He comes back up to the surface in a few minutes and on his side again.Need to know if there is anything I can do to save him

I have a hiose going in the pond now to try and get more oxygen into the water.I have put a cover over where he is to keep him from cooking.

Any help most apprerciated.

How deep is it? It is possible the water is getting too hot and lacking oxygen. What you have done so far is good and the hose will bring the temp down and what I would have suggested.

How big is the pond and are there other fish in it? If so, how many? Are they doing the same or just this one?

I gather the pond has no filtration or fountain, waterfall etc? A fountain, or similar, would help but make sure it does not spray the lily leaves as lilies do not like that.