Fluval nano tanks

Morcs

Picked one up today. just because it looks cool. 25L. Fluval edge.

Its well presented, well packaged. Looks especially great being rimless. The aquaclear 20 is a great choice of filter.

Just got it setup with a 25W aquaone heater (25w jager doesnt fit unless horizontally). A bit of black grit, driftwood, and an Anubias Nana.

Stocking suggestions? So far the plan is:

>A nice delta tail betta or similar

>Ember tetras (quantity?)

>and about 3 oto's

210210022.jpg

210210020.jpg

210210018.jpg

210210017.jpg

210210015.jpg

doesn't strike a chord with me personally. I cant put my finger on it exactly.

But thats just me! :oops:

I can see the apeal it would have for someone else though. And if you like it then rockon!

Well im trying to justify the cost to myself (paid 225) but i spose thats not too bad, considering that includes the tank, filter, stand, fittings, spare media, and lighting.

It also has a 2 year warranty which is pretty good IMO.

Did it come with an Aquaclear HOB filter? I thought Fluval would do a mini canister or something :-?

Halogen lights, hmm... Drop them out (if they aren't already like these) for something like these.

Otherwise, it's a nice looking tank. That foreground is just asking for a hairgrass carpet :wink:

Did it come with an Aquaclear HOB filter? I thought Fluval would do a mini canister or something :-?

Halogen lights, hmm... Drop them out (if they aren't already like these) for something like these.

Otherwise, it's a nice looking tank. That foreground is just asking for a hairgrass carpet :wink:

Nah im not going for plant growing. too much hassle. My old man wants an office tank when he refurbs his office, so thought id test this out for him... then get him to buy it off me.

EDIT just had a good look at those lights... might be worth a go actually. just for better illumination of the tank, Cheers!

No worries, are the current lights on it normal halogen? :o

At least do some low light plants :wink:

I might get some more anubias nana... its like my favourite plant. Lol.

It needs to be a low maintenance (other than wc's) as when the tank is full, you cannot put even half a hand in without water overflowing out of the top (yes, i did this)

I dont have experience with halogens, so not sure what i need. i know they are 10w.

Awesome. :D I have a little tank that is about those dimensions and I have 3 sparkling gourami and 9 ember tetras. A very nice combination that has really grown on me. I never have been much of a gourami fan but these guys are nothing like the usual. They are very cute with bright blue eyes and they hover around scooping up food from the floor. They do like to hide under the anubias leaves so I would add more of these as well as some ambulia tips if you have them.