worms?

Matto

I hope someone answers your question better because I've been battling the same problem with my rams.

Prazi is for gill flukes and some intestinal worms (better to get the liquid stuff because it mixes with water). You will see fish scraping on rocks a lot.

Metro is for Heximita (incl. the intestinal one) plus some other parasites. You will see white stringy poo.

Neither worked for me and if i don't feed 3 times daily they have sunken bellies. You can try soaking or injecting their food with the drugs.

I'm going to try furan next as it may be some sort of bacterial thing they have...

I would recommend you try these 2 and then furan as well.

Goodluck.

Pumpkin seads also works but I would be going for droncit (Prazi)

(better to get the liquid stuff because it mixes with water).

Where do you get the liquid stuff from? I have asked every vet in the manawatu and no one carries it, its pretty hard even getting the tablet. I had one vet in Feilding that had vetcare tapewormer but it closed a month or so back so I have to get the more expensive droncit tabs now from Marton.

I tried that too :(

I've heard garlic soaked blood worms can work.

The vet in Animalz Mirimar has it.

Where do you get the liquid stuff from? I have asked every vet in the manawatu and no one carries it, its pretty hard even getting the tablet. I had one vet in Feilding that had vetcare tapewormer but it closed a month or so back so I have to get the more expensive droncit tabs now from Marton.

Adtape is the name for the liquid stuff and it is very expensive but maybe it goes further who knows..

Another thing you can try if prazi/metro doesn't work, or even better probably best to try it first is Levamisole HCL it is available over the counter as a bird wormer and is very gentle but effective against a few different types of worms that prazi won't touch.

Did you find a solution? I have a few skinny and unhappy looking fish myself and am looking to fix the problem. Looked it up on a webite and looks like it could be internal parasites. Am on the way to the petshop tomorrow to see how much it will cost me. The ironic thing is I have 3 different shops I could go to and I am sure they would give me three different medications for three different problems.

Well I went to Pet Shop number 1 and got told it was bacterial and I needed Furan - 2 , which wasnt in stock. So I went to pet shop number 2 and was told the symptoms seemed like worms but as I now had another sick fish that was bacterial, I ended up needing Furan-2, Worming Med and Melafix to treat both tanks. At great expense to the management I might add. I should be thankful I didnt need to go to Pet Shop number 3.