web site - hosting etc

imsweet

If i wanted to start up a website page thing, where would be a good place to start (that ppl have experience with?) I have googled but it does my head in with all that jargon. Dont mind paying if it's not too much for the hosting, prefer easy to use and set up. It may be used to sell things eventually. TA

I'm not so tech savvy either, but I used iWeb and MobileMe to make my site. http://Www.wetnz.co.nz. What I liked about iWeb is that it's click and drag, if you can use google, you can figure it out. On things like dreamweaver, you have to do some HTML coding, so iWeb is a really simple way to go. It's pretty easy to use the templates or you can delete everything from a template and make the site from scratch. Wetnz took me about an hour (not including formatting the pictures).

The other good thing about iWeb is that it is true WYSIWYG - how you place it on the development page is exactly what you get on the web, none of the damn interface deciding what it should put where because the coding says so.