Discus: opinion needed please, help ship from Auck?

Aquila

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =266740222

Please please please give me your opinions as I was seriously thinking of buying it if someone in auckland could help me with shipping (payed by me of course...)

I don't really see much difference between a blue diamond, cobalt blue, or green ocean ...but I really like the way this little one's colours are developing already!

I know I would have to feed it a lot and do daily water changes, but if its not stunted then I'm willing to do that!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =266740222

Please please please give me your opinions as I was seriously thinking of buying it if someone in auckland could help me with shipping (payed by me of course...)

I don't really see much difference between a blue diamond, cobalt blue, or green ocean ...but I really like the way this little one's colours are developing already!

I know I would have to feed it a lot and do daily water changes, but if its not stunted then I'm willing to do that!

The photo is a very poor angle,but discus to me looks like a young white butterfly not an oceon green,I say young as the white colour hasn't fully developed yet, it also looks behind in growth i.e stunted but this could be from the poor angle of the photo,side on is best, it also has a short gill cover,

possibly why the cheap price,but I wouldn't buy.

Thank you for the replies :)

I will be getting at least 4-6 fish off breeders, so this one was really just to add to the family...but I will avoid it now. I do like the white butterflie so I will try to find someone breeding legit ones in the future.

Cheers!

Umm science does...

"The pigeon blood gene is dominant. A Pure pigeon bred to any other discus will produce all pigeon fry. If the breeding is to a discus with vertical stress bars the fry may be heavily peppered. Pigeon based discus are sold under many names such as Marlboro, Melon, Tangerine, White Butterfly, Blue Panda and Golden." (http://www.discusnada.org/discus/classification.html)

And I have been researching as much as possible but it take a while for the eye to learn to pick up colour types...for instance I still can't tell the difference between ocean green, cobalt or blue diamond, so better ask the advice of experts who have been breeding them for over 25 years. In the end its my decision anyways...

My problem is not that its a Butterfly, as I like that colour type too...but that he won't answer my question about how old the fish is, and it looks a bit stunted to me. Plus its skinny (looks like someone pinched it behind the pelvic fins).

Who says one plus one equals two in genetics. Give the guy who is selling a break.

I bet in two turqs, somewhere down the line, I can get snakeskin.

Better research yourself than listen to some has been.