Discus YAY or NAY

phoenix44

no, sorry.

to be brutal and objective: the body shape is like a rugby ball, the eye is large and dull (ie stunted and not bright red as is most desirable) and the forehead and chin is very bumpy (not smooth and round). but the anal fin and patterning is nice. with good diet and water changes it may improve some.

no, sorry.

to be brutal and objective: the body shape is like a rugby ball, the eye is large and dull (ie stunted and not bright red as is most desirable) and the forehead and chin is very bumpy (not smooth and round). but the anal fin and patterning is nice. with good diet and water changes it may improve some.

that's exactly what I thought. Luckily its been wormed and that may change now that i can feed it well.

That's why I said *facepalm in my last post :lol:

Beautiful full body pattern(red turq I believe)and it is healthy you can tell by its vibrant colours but is a little behind in growth.Do you know the age?

I would guess at being a female,but I can only be 50/50 on this :lol:

Feed her well as she looks a little skinny around the stomach area,plenty of water changes and see what happens

Like Ron has said love to see the transformation to a round shape :wink:

That looks like a beautiful planted tank you have :D Her colours look stunning against the planted backdrop :D

I would have been silly not to take these. The price that they were offered to me at was about as good as giving them away to me for nothing. I was a little apprehensive about putting them in my tank before getting ron's discus, but i honestly could not go away without giving them a good home.

Now, let's see you tranform the rugby ball to a soccer ball :bounce:

ron

lol. watch this space hahaha.

flosty - they were sold as green turquoise's. they also do not like eating and do not know what to do with the colourbits so its a little hard love really.

Will definitely watch this space!!! lol

Sorry to usurp, but what do you guys and gals think of this one?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =266740222

Please give me your opinions as I was seriously thinking of buying it if someone in auckland could help me with shipping (payed by me of course...)

I don't really know the difference between a blue diamond, cobalt blue, or green ocean for the most part..but I really like the way this little one's colours are developing already!

I know I would have to feed it a lot and do daily water changes, but if its not stunted then I'm willing to do that!

flosty - they were sold as green turquoise's. they also do not like eating and do not know what to do with the colourbits so its a little hard love really.

Feed a little frozen bloodworm,most fish give in to that temptation,but in moderation

Earthworms are also great for getting them eating

Then try the colourbits, in the morning is a good time for colourbits as they have been without food for a number of hours and should be hungry :D

oh ive been good recently, 20% everyday. discus were in a bb tank with metro for 5 days before they went in my tank. that bb tank got 50% everyday.

theyve only been in this tank since last nite and already experienced 2 water changes ha ahaahhaa :lol:

bloodworms not working, nor colourbits.

they will learn.

Will definitely watch this space!!! lol

Sorry to usurp, but what do you guys and gals think of this one?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =266740222

Please give me your opinions as I was seriously thinking of buying it if someone in auckland could help me with shipping (payed by me of course...)

I don't really know the difference between a blue diamond, cobalt blue, or green ocean for the most part..but I really like the way this little one's colours are developing already!

I know I would have to feed it a lot and do daily water changes, but if its not stunted then I'm willing to do that!

The photo is a very poor angle,but discus to me looks like a young white butterfly not an oceon green,I say young as the white colour hasn't fully developed yet, it also looks behind in growth i.e stunted but this could be from the poor angle of the photo,side on is best, it also has a short gill cover,

possibly why the cheap price,but I wouldn't buy.

HTH

The photo is a very poor angle,but discus to me looks like a young white butterfly not an oceon green,I say young as the white colour hasn't fully developed yet, it also looks behind in growth i.e stunted but this could be from the poor angle of the photo,side on is best, it also has a short gill cover,

possibly why the cheap price,but I wouldn't buy.

HTH

Thanks Flosty,

after looking at some adult White Butterflies on the web it does appear more likely to turn into that colouration. Still lovely but I will have to consider the stuntedness...waiting to learn some more history about the fish off the owner. If it is still young then the growth can still be salvaged...

oh ive been good recently, 20% everyday. discus were in a bb tank with metro for 5 days before they went in my tank. that bb tank got 50% everyday.

Why were they metro'd?, were they not eating prior?hmmm

maybe your answer to not eating, did you see them eat before buying?

I have had discus go off food for up to 2 weeks after a course of metro

the colours on this fish are nice, but the shape is a tad off. discus are supposed to be round. it's fixable given time and good food.

their bellies are supposed to be full, and not concave like this one, which indicates that it either has not been eating or has been neglected for a while.

If the gill plates on the fish were protruding outwards I would not have bought the fish cause it would have been more hassle than it is worth.