Tadpole problem

dantedobe

I have around 20 tadpoles some have developed legs. I think they are Golden Bell Frogs. I got them from work (it was either me taking them or kids), they originally came from Tokomaru Bay. I don't know what to do with them. I thought I could release them when they had turned to frogs but I looked on the web and they said they are only found north of Gisborne. We are going camping in Gisborne next week. Should we take them and release them up there. If so - where?

Great, last year the staff all took tadpoles into each class at school and they released them as they changed to frogs. This year to save them from the kids all taking them and not looking after them, I took the remainders at the end of term. What am I going to do with them?

Grrrr, I love froggies, how dare you guys say such things in front of me!

Yeah, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them to a pet shop or on trademe... Once they're sold on there's no guarantee others won't later free them in the wrong place but I guess there's not much to be done about it.

I don't want to feed them to anything (I am too squeamish for that sort of thing) and I don't want to give them to someone who will feed them to something or release them where they shouldn't. I'm stuck! We have them in a pond at the moment but we have 8 cats who would love frogs and 3 chihuahuas who would love them more :lol: