Hi Everyone

Billaney

Hi

My wife and I are very new to tropical fish but like to think of ourselves as enthusiastic novices, we have been going only 5 weeks and so far got 3 tanks, 2 x 10gallon tanks with our fish in so far which we hope will become our quarantine and breeding tanks and a new 55 gallon tank that’s cycling at the moment with just 3 pearl gourami’s in it

We are enjoying the fish heaps but I must admit to finding the waiting the hardest thing (but I’m trying ...lol).

All your posts and articles are a great help and in time I look forward to helping others from my own experience.

Paul & Adele

Welcome to the forum Paul and Adele :D

Enthusiatic novices.....hmmmmm sounds like a case of MTS (multiple tank syndrome) already :wink: and the good news is.....there doesn't seem to be a cure for the syndrome :lol:

Apart from the pearls, what sort of fish would you eventually like to have in the 55 gall?

sue

Hi Sue

We are looking at just keeping it as a peaceful community tanks, so we have already got ....naughty we know

3 swordtails

4 zebra danio's long fin

5 lepord danio's long fin

2 bristile nose catfish

a pair of fantastic rams

2 bumble bee goby's

16 guppies

heck were just about full stocked already, were keeping them in the 2 x 10 gallon tanks and doing water changes every 2nd day just about and testing the water dayly to watch of ammonia and nitrate.nirites.

Hi Paul and Adele,

Welcome to a great site, you will find plenty of useful info here and there are a couple of freindly faces in wasinui that are members here and there is no shortage of people in the wellington area to offer assistance.

If you need help at any stage just ask and if you feel the need there is a group of us who meet regularly in the chat room round 8.30-9.00pm most nights.

look forward to chatting to you there and hearing about your tank advancements.

Steve

welcome Paul & Adele

yes sounds like the bug has hit :D

waiting is so much better than losing lots of fish so you are doing the right thing.

look forward to hearing how many tanks you have in 6months once the breeding starts.

the Wellington club has a great bunch of people in it if you havent been yet i would go and check it out

see you round :)