Some of my plants

phoenix44

I should have a heap of young barthii at the end of summer as they are throwing runners all over the place. They won't look like that without very strong light though. If I remember correctly ozelot is a hybrid of leopard and barthii, and leopard is a hybrid of horizontalis and something else. Most of the redish Echinodorus sp. are a hybrid of barthii somewhere along the line. Red special or red rubin would probably go a similar colour with your light.

ill keep an eye out for runners. they are currently sitting on about 20-30 JBL balls in the substrate. maybe that has something to do with the colour as well?

I do remember ordering some red special and some of the other ones you mentioned, so what ill do is order 1 plant in a week, and see what comes in - that way if i get these again, ill know what they are sold as.

Damn I hope my planted tank matures to the degree yours has.

The tank actually hasn't matured yet...i think... Its only been running a month or so :o

You need some parvafloris (sp?)

nah, thanks, I have something similar with a reddish yellow orange leaf that has cracks in it. well they look like cracks. well like shattered glass. its pretty cool, but hard to photograph cause its in the jungle somewhere. :lol:

Very nice indeed Phoenix, how longs this tank been running now hun? Love the variety of plants, and the colours. :-)

Thanks! The tank is still a baby and has only been up for a month? maybe less?

actually a month today! one month already? those plants certainly have grown.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42877