December 28, 200916 yr comment_346246 ive just noticed theat some of my vt fry and one of my adults arent looking very happy,they have clamped tails. i have added some formal;n to both their tanks to see if that elps and then i will add some aquarium salt in later thisavo Report
December 28, 200916 yr Author comment_346247 sorry for the bad spelling my keybourd is about to give up the ghost and i have to whack each key :evil: Report
December 28, 200916 yr comment_346252 I have had this happen on and off - it seems to be a random thing. The only advice I can give is that you change as much water as you can and add some salt. Bump the temp up a bit as well. Unfortunately I seem to lose all the fighters it happens to (as in once the tails clamp they don't open up again) and it spreads fairly rapidly through the tank but in most cases a small number escape having it happen to them. It usually happens around 7-9 weeks old. A very young breeder on here said she thought it was linked to ammonia build up but I have noticed that the lighter the fish the more likely it is to happen. Report
December 28, 200916 yr Author comment_346279 aaaah no! they are in a fighter display so she would have given it to all of them!!!! crap ive just put a haklfmmon female in there too Report
December 28, 200916 yr comment_346282 I'd take out the healthy looking ones for now and see how you go. From experience I do know that the faster you act the less problems. Of course that may not be the problem with yours. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.