Changing around my Lounge tank

firefish

I'd let the weed-look of my tank take over for too long so I re-planted it a couple of weeks ago.

Went from:

lounge_tank_front_004.jpg

To:

lounge_tank_front_002.jpg

As this is really the 'display' tank i'm also changing the fish. (its the only tank in a family room)

I'm keeping the red tailed black shark & the 2 kribs (getting a second female, so will have 3 kribs), and some female gbas.

the fish which i'm going to get have to be visible from the other side of the room - i'm trying to decide between Tiger barbs, Banded barbs or Dwarf neon rainbows. Any opinions?

I never found them so but others may disagree. They certainly dart about and change direction quickly, and often :-?

As they move about they catch the light and you will see the flash out the corner of your eye so look up to see what it was. You then waste a lot of time just watching the fish :roll: :lol:

We have recently added 3 dwarf neon rainbows (1 male, 2 females) to our 60l tank, and they are fantastic! They are really curious about what is going on outside the tank, so always come to look at us when we walk by. (and if you run your finger along the outside of the tank, they all follow it, which highly amuses our 19-month old) They have also made our harlequins and panda cories a lot braver, so the whole tank is more interesting to watch. They are very lively, and have amazing colours - when they catch the light they look stunning. If we ever get a bigger tank, I would definitely get more of them.