Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help - Cloudy Fish Tank

Featured Replies

About a week ago my tank started to go cloudy. I have down a 30% water change and hasnt worked. Infact it seems to be getting worse. Fish all seem fine but would like to fix the problem before it effects them.

Does anyone have any advice?

White cloudy or green cloudy?

How long has the tank been set up.

If it is relatively new (less than 6 months) it will be an algae bloom and will settle down as the tank matures. It is not harmful to the fish but doesn't look nice.

  • Author

I thought it was white cloudy but seems more green now. I have had the tank going for years but with only a couple of fish in it. I have added quite a few more fish in the last four months. Would a 50% water change help or any chemicals or do I just wait?

Thanks for your advice.

I have always found extra water changes seemed to make it worse. I would leave it and see if it settles again on its own. Someone else may have other suggestions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.