tank move question

oO SKIPPY Oo

Hi people

After a lot of tooing and froinf i've decided to setup my new 4 foot tank next week with a canister filter and want to know the best option for setting up the new tank and moving some of my fish about - my severums and chocolate cichlids are on the move into this new tank and the old 3 footer will be small community fish only.

the main issue i have is that im moving the 3 foot tank at the same time so things become a little more complicated

these are the options i was thinking but want to limit the amount of stress on my fishies so want to know what the wise people on this site would do

* cycle the new canister in the current tank for about a week or so to start the bacteria colony up

* put all the fish into chilly bin

* drain the 128L tank and keep about 100L of the current water

* move the 3 foot tank to its new home

* move the 4 foot tank to where the 3 foot was

* use 50% of the water saved above for each of the tanks

* put the chocs and sevs into the 4 footer and the community fish into the 3 footer

* done

or

* cycle the new canister in the current tank for about a week or so to start the bacteria colony up

* put my fish into chilly bin

* drain the 128L tank and keep about 100L

* move the 3 foot tank to its new home

* refill the tank with about 60-70% of the water i kept and do a water change at the same time

* replace all the fish

* move the 4 footer to its home

* fill the tank with the remaining 30-40% of old water and continuing cycling the tank with 1 or 2 little fish for a week or two

* move the chocs and sevs to the new tank

* done

your thoughts are appreciated :bounce: :bounce:

Cheers

Skip