co2 gauge

Drifty

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a Korallin 1502 calcium reactor from the states, my question is will the co2 gauges it comes with fit nz bottles or is there a fitting you can get for it.

I currently have a 4ft semi reef with fish set up, but am looking at doubling its size in the next 6 months. I am only keeping mushrooms, anemones etc, do I even need a calcium reactor if I will never venture down the stoney coral road

Cheers

i have a korallin 3001 reactor. i spent ages trying to source a co2 gauge buying off trademe etc and all being wrong types. problem is the flow rate needs to be very low and this can only be achieved by chucking on a needle valve to reduce it. boc dont sell one that has a low enough flow. i didnt like the idea of doing this so bought a tunze co2 reg off http://www.reefonline.com.au (about $150?) fits all boc bottles. works bloody well, im really happy with it.

re: dupla alpha gauges - they are no longer being made. they are replaced by another model that is quite expensive ($300+) you might be lucky if you find a shop that has an old one in stock otherwise better off ordering from reefonline (unless you can source 2nd hand)

re: soft corals - calcium reactor not required and can actually have adverse effects on the tank. i never had reactor when i just had soft corals and they grew like crazy.

thanks for the advice guys, I think I will make space for one should I need it in the future. I know when I first step up my tank it was going to be a fish only tank with a few rocks, I said I would never have a reef tank, now it is more like a reef. Sometime in the future I may also get into stoneys who knows.