Perfect pump for collecting NSW

Doc Holiday

as a sailor i would go with a higher volume bilge pump... :D

tho they do need much thicker power cords depends on how much you need to collect but i suspect if you wanted to get lots of water say 1000L its worth the investment....

I can load the car, drive to north shore, collect 200L and get it all home in 40mins! without a pump

but i will be getting one for my trailer conversion......

Its a very valid ide, you just have to make sure it can drive the

water about 10M and have about 2-3M head IMHO

Why not pop down to sailors corner at westhaven and see what a good high volume brand goes for retail then start watching trademe.....

if you trailer the 1000L tank, then you would prob want to fill it in about say 20mins.... so 3000Lph or 660GPH

I would if possible go bigger rather then smaller.

Beware the cost of the cable required, but if you have electrical mate connections they can often slip you an offcut.....

i have a small trailer i got for free. structurally its sound but the wheels are small (12's i think). not sure what weight its rated for so am hesitant to use it just incase it falls to bits as im driving home!!! if anyone knows of a good strong trailer in auckland going cheap let me know!

Yeah, I've been seriously considering getting something like that. Even though I usually only grab 200 or so liters per trip. Would beat lugging 20L containers 50 feet across the beach...But, that also means I'd need omething like 50+ feet of power cable and 50+ feet of hose...

It takes us 15 minites from the time we back down and get ready to the time we tie on and leave to get 2000L.We have a trailer full of those 220L drums which we fill with a 20L bucket.(I always seem to end up in the water). :-? .And its f#*kn cold on my white legs in winter which seem to light up the hole beach when the moon is out :lol: :lol: .

i have a small trailer i got for free. structurally its sound but the wheels are small (12's i think). not sure what weight its rated for so am hesitant to use it just incase it falls to bits as im driving home!!! if anyone knows of a good strong trailer in auckland going cheap let me know!

trailors are made on top of car axels usually so they can hold a tonne (or ton :D ) what you need to watch out for is weather or not it has a trailor break remember a ton of enersia (however you spel it) or momentum im not a physicest on the back of your car when you are breaking can cause catastrophic damage (trust me I co-drive rally cars and have had plenty of fun towing cars :) )