Juwel Rio 400 cost?

Floater

juwel rio 400 i was quoted $2145 with cabinet and the Juwel vision 450 was quoted at $2920, I know these are availible in Invercargill somewhere in dunedin must have them or be able to get them. Nice tanks but i decided it was cheaper to get 1 built and will be much bigger.

Have also read quite alot of people having trouble with the lighting systems which put me off, they have a warranty but thats not the point. Also the black filter box inside the tank houses a digital ballast for the lights which is very good but gets hot and may affect the water temperature. I am only going on alot of research i have done, someone who owns and uses one may have a better or different opinion. and yes you would want another filter also

try rewood aqautics here in chch would be worth the trip up as they used to be direct importers and when i was looking at a rio 400 they had some left at $1999 including stand was qouted $3000 by another lfs

I've emailed them as their website is moving or something, still waiting on a reply.

The pricing differentials on the stands confuses me a little though, there should not really be a difference that is so apparent.

what are the materials? aren't they both melteca? if so generally all the different colours are usually the same price as its simply a coloured paper beneath the clear plastic layer.

I think they use a laminate for the wood coloured ones. its good quality stuff, but since i didn't personally search for the prices, but got a phone quote I wouldn't guarantee it.

it would all be melteca, if it were laminate it would be at least twice as much for the woodgrain imitation.

The retail price of the tank is $1799

and the stand/cabinet is $440 for the wood finishes and $590 for the black ones.

The pricing differentials on the stands confuses me a little though, there should not really be a difference that is so apparent.

HTH

I got the same pricing differences with the stands depending on the colour. Where did you get that quote from? Cheapest I've seen.

The prices are the same nationwide.

Ah awesome, thanks a lot. Just need to figure out the petrol cost of getting to Christchurch and back... and whether the tank will be able to fit in my sedan or whether I will have to borrow my parents Jeep, which would make petrol more... might end up cheaper getting it locally for 2.6k

Do you really like the juwel?

you could get a 4ft tank made perfectly, stand to match, t5 HO lights, fluval/eheim cannister filter, substrate etc etc all cheaper and brand new.

I think you would be able to fit the tank in a car(toyota camry sedan sized or similar), with the kit set stand in the boot.

then you have to assemble it.

Do you really like the juwel?

you could get a 4ft tank made perfectly, stand to match, t5 HO lights, fluval/eheim cannister filter, substrate etc etc all cheaper and brand new.

I think you would be able to fit the tank in a car(toyota camry sedan sized or similar), with the kit set stand in the boot.

then you have to assemble it.

I do like the look of the Juwel, I am going more for aesthetics than price (to a limit). I have a honda civic sedan. That's what I was thinking, tank on the back seat stand in the boot. The one thing that I thought of though was getting the tank in the back may prove difficult because of it's length and the fact the doors don't open square. Moving front seats forward might solve that though.... just don't want to get to Christchurch and not be able to get the thing in the car...

i got my 4 footer in my camry. just put the front seats forward and sit them upright, get the tank in, and readjust the seats as normal. it fit fine. but there was no room in the car apart from the front seat.

pays to get a bigger car, than reach there only to have to turn back.

The juwels are great tanks. A rimu stand and hood costs a grand and should have the same visual impact if not better though.

I'd got for the juwel as its convenient though.