Got a Camera? TRY THIS!!

SupaGreen

You probably need an SLR to do this but anyways.

Ever wondered how people get those surreal landscapes, cause I did. Here is the process.

Its a Imaging process called HDR (high dynamic range)

Pretty much setup your camera on a tripod, frame your subject, and set your the exposure bracketing (AEB) in your cameras menu take 3 photos, one at correct exposure and one at over and under exposure.

Note* In your cameras menu you can set the exposure bracketing (see your manual) On mine I can set from -2/+2 to around -.33/+.33

for this I was using -2/+2 so the 1st photo I look was at correct exposure, then for the 2nd the camera automatically took the photo at -2 exposer and for the 3rd +2

then load the 3 files (you can do it with 2 I believe) into a program called Photomatix, click generate HDR, select the files, then click tone mapping, you can play around with the settings

so this is one of the originals from my cousins backyard (jealous? haha)

origk.jpg

and this is the HDR version

hdra.jpg

Just realised my image censor is dirty again, there is 3 marks in the top left :(

Does a dirty image censor not black out or pixelate nudity? :P

HDR pics do look pretty cool, kind of makes things look a bit cartoonish, it's a cool effect. I've always liked the long exposures you can do with DSLRs too.