Anyone interested in a 30cm Ornate bichir?

Morcs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that auction , I wanted the del really aswell but figured they would both probably be fine with my two ornates anyway so was happy to buy both, but forgot about the auction closing and thus not bidding in the end, they sold for a pretty reasonable price, much less than i thought they would...

Yeah! I got em! :D :bounce: Ornate looks massive next to my other 3, delhezi is a pale colour because it was kept over a white gravel but fins are not as elongate as the juvies in the shops - still looks sweet, I may post some photos later. there are now some other auctions for ornates and a borneo if your interested going for 200 tho, "um can I borrow a little cash""what for" "um fish?" :oops:

Yeah! I got em! :D :bounce: Ornate looks massive next to my other 3, delhezi is a pale colour because it was kept over a white gravel but fins are not as elongate as the juvies in the shops - still looks sweet, I may post some photos later. there are now some other auctions for ornates and a borneo if your interested going for 200 tho, "um can I borrow a little cash""what for" "um fish?" :oops:

I wanted the Del!

please please frasier ill part ex for my little 4'' del... lol :lol:

I dont have the cash otherwise i wouldve bought your IT!

Speaking of which, do you still have?

No sorry, I sold the dat to a mate, del is staying with me tho also, haven't been able to find one for sale at this size so i might hold on to him for a while. Unless you have something else that may interest me (for del) that isn't: fie eel, nandus nandus, small del, small dat and can't be a vege, must be a carnivore coz I like my plants.

No sorry, I sold the dat to a mate, del is staying with me tho also, haven't been able to find one for sale at this size so i might hold on to him for a while. Unless you have something else that may interest me (for del) that isn't: fie eel, nandus nandus, small del, small dat and can't be a vege, must be a carnivore coz I like my plants.

How about swapping the del for:

A magnet scubber, a 25w heater, and some keyhole cichlid fry :lol:

Hope the birchirs settle in nicely. I might get some more senegals, or change the 4ft to a 5ft so I can have an ornate.

Haha, nah I just sold my aro on trademe, only interested in an aro if its a jardini or asian - probly green due to the size of my pocket :cry: . Hmmm magnet cleaner...... tempting :lol: thanks, they are settling in nicely, funny thing is that before my other 3 smaller ornates were always bickering now the 'tank' is here they have stopped-would have thought it might cause chaos but the new dude is chilled, the delhezi (cookie monster) is ok with everything but the dat is always checking him out :roll: , if you find a nice sized senegal I may trade :D .

Haha, nah I just sold my aro on trademe, only interested in an aro if its a jardini or asian - probly green due to the size of my pocket :cry: . Hmmm magnet cleaner...... tempting :lol: thanks, they are settling in nicely, funny thing is that before my other 3 smaller ornates were always bickering now the 'tank' is here they have stopped-would have thought it might cause chaos but the new dude is chilled, the delhezi (cookie monster) is ok with everything but the dat is always checking him out :roll: , if you find a nice sized senegal I may trade :D .

My albino sen is growing very quickly!

Always hated the albinos, but love them now, very very active.

If you need somewhere to grow out small bichirs I have room :)

Im sure it was you I got my Sen from wasnt it Duncan? :-) About 2 years ago?

Del is nice looking, cant wait to get one myself! :-)

Yeah that was me, did you decide it was a sen in the end, it coloured up a bit and the pics i saw of it after i sold it to you kinda looked a bit like a palmas... or a derivitive thereof...?

Hopefully upgrade next year sometime so I can work towards another arowana (hopefully green would be nice), depending on whether i move to the basement and have a pad or not - I added you on facebook by the way, I found the group page and joined :D , cool putting faces to names. How available are polli's by the way, never seen one for retail, only a sale on that place which was $400 :o

Hopefully upgrade next year sometime so I can work towards another arowana (hopefully green would be nice), depending on whether i move to the basement and have a pad or not - I added you on facebook by the way, I found the group page and joined :D , cool putting faces to names. How available are polli's by the way, never seen one for retail, only a sale on that place which was $400 :o

Both hollywoods have polys for reasonable prices - but for juve's that are between 3-5''.

Albino senegals ($45)

Delhezis ($87)

and a few ornates ($98)

and the bird barn in henderson, the owner has a couple of bigger albino senegals (6-8'') for $60.

may have to check them out, always like adding to my collection, strange that in the albany hollywood the albino costs $80+? Looking more for a normal senegal bichir rather than anything else right now already have 4 ornates and 2 dels - want to complete the set :roll: What do you keep morcs apart from a del and a dat?

may have to check them out, always like adding to my collection, strange that in the albany hollywood the albino costs $80+? Looking more for a normal senegal bichir rather than anything else right now already have 4 ornates and 2 dels - want to complete the set :roll: What do you keep morcs apart from a del and a dat?

In my 65g I have a del, sen, AT and IT.

Looking to get a 4x2x2 and add an ornate and maybe another dat

Nice :D , do you know if we can get New Guinea tigers in coz I reckon they look the best - American tigers weren't on the lists but they got in, wondering if we can do the same? Also do you know if anywhere has an apollo shark for sale or maybe mystus catfish I'd be keen for those too.

Both hollywoods have polys for reasonable prices - but for juve's that are between 3-5''.

Albino senegals ($45)

Delhezis ($87)

and a few ornates ($98)

and the bird barn in henderson, the owner has a couple of bigger albino senegals (6-8'') for $60.

I think that the 'poli' they were talking about was the species not seen often 'Polypterus palmas polli' ?

Nice :D , do you know if we can get New Guinea tigers in coz I reckon they look the best - American tigers weren't on the lists but they got in, wondering if we can do the same? Also do you know if anywhere has an apollo shark for sale or maybe mystus catfish I'd be keen for those too.

they all come in as borneo tigers, and the shops arent familiar with the different varieties so its kinda like a lucky dip.

Went to the bird barn pet store to investigate the stocks (inspired by Morcs) and walked away with AWESOME DEAL, 2 albino senegals each around 12-15cm for $50 :o:o:D:D :bounce: , stoked, lady said they had been reduced because they weren't selling, what the?? must have already been at a low price before that to be dropped to $25 each! One at hollywood albany costs around $85 :-? Now I have 8 bichirs - 4 ornates, 2 delhezis and 2 albinos = :D Happy guy! Luv the huge jurapari's they have there, would definitely take them off their hands and the large dat, whoop whoop very pleased right now, easy to see against the green plants in my tank - all these fish giving me a good reason to upgrade tank :D :roll:

Went to the bird barn pet store to investigate the stocks (inspired by Morcs) and walked away with AWESOME DEAL, 2 albino senegals each around 12-15cm for $50 :o:o:D:D :bounce: , stoked, lady said they had been reduced because they weren't selling, what the?? must have already been at a low price before that to be dropped to $25 each! One at hollywood albany costs around $85 :-? Now I have 8 bichirs - 4 ornates, 2 delhezis and 2 albinos = :D Happy guy! Luv the huge jurapari's they have there, would definitely take them off their hands and the large dat, whoop whoop very pleased right now, easy to see against the green plants in my tank - all these fish giving me a good reason to upgrade tank :D :roll:

Nice! do they have any left? I wanted one! apparently they are the owners personal fish, and although id agreed a price with him, because he wasnt there went I went in, they wouldnt let me take one!

I managed to persuade HFF mt roskill to let me have one for $40 when I bought my AT.

Youll love the sens, very active bichirs.

Large Dat is $180! I seriously thought about it...

No sorry i only saw 2 and at that price I persuaded myself (wasnt hard :roll: ) to get both, I have money left over from other fish sales that I am using to restock fish - is the dat really for $180 :o I might have to 'seriously' look at it, what about the juraparis I'm more interested in grabbing 2 or 3 of those, are they for sale? What good stuff does the HFF roskill have in atm, I'm looking for some more middle level fish that get largish, and are appealing, some cichlids such as the jags are good but some like dempseys and acaras arn't really me.